Pages

Thursday, December 7, 2017

Britains Deetail WWII German Infantry - Pt 2 Series 1 Figure No. 606

The Britains Deetail series of  figures were made in 54mm in realistic poses with separate metal bases. Their WWII German Infantry came in two series. Series 1 was made from 1971-89 and Series 2 was made from 1977-89 there were six figures in each series with the addition of a mortar and crew (which I'm not sure what series it belonged to). As stated in Part 1 of this mini series, I don't yet have all the figures and it may take a l-o-n-g time before that happens. Okay, so what? In the meantime I'll post what I've got and - Enjoy! Opa Fritz

Underside of the Series 1 bases



The figures I bought had two of these kneeling gunners, one with an intact decal on his helmet, one without so both are posted here today, The decals are overly large in comparison to the the actual infantry insignia in-use during the time and the glue often times dries up allowing the decals to fall off and get lost.

























2 comments:

  1. Fab images Ed. I loved Deetail figures and dioramas as a kid. I also loved Britains police motorbike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Woodsy. By the time these came out in '71 I was pretty much out of the toy scene and very much into HO scale model railroading so I guess I missed out on a lot :-)

      Delete