Pages

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Russian Federation - Tehnolog Vikings - The Axeman

If I recall my history correctly (without looking at references) the Viking's first recorded appearance in England was a raid on a monastary close to the east coast. They laid waste to the inhabitants and the structure and that began a couple hundred years of pure mayhem at the hands of these new invaders. It's fitting these figures come from Russia - Land of The Rus, a group of Swedish Vikings! This warrior is carrying a battle axe and heavy shield of wooden planks held by a copper(?) frame. Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina

The Axeman














2 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful sculpt. Too bad they fell back on the historically inaccurate old chestnut of the horned helmet. The axe is kind of ludicrous too, being more of a showpiece than an easy to wield weapon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the horned helmet has now become blase' and should be done away with - although I have to admit it looks cool :-) Well, either the axe is too big or the guy is too small??? I like what I've seen from Tehnolog and their sculpting is very how can I say it? - robust.

    ReplyDelete