Pages

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Plasticraft Beetle Bailey Truck De-bunked

Whenever I run across a toy that is called by one name but is actually another I try at least to de-bunk or dispel any misconceptions. Manufacturers themselves are very good at playing fast and loose with the facts but occasionally we collector's screw things up too. Case in point is this truck that many collector's (including myself) have called the 'Beetle Bailey Truck' because the Army driver does sort of resemble the cartoon character. As a fatter-of-mact, when I bought this thing it was listed as the Beetle Bailey truck by the seller! But I was lookin' and lookin' at this thing and it hit me - Beetle's eyes were always covered by his helmet! It's one of the running gags of the comic strip that no one ever sees his eyes because his cap or helmet is always covering them, but that's not the case with our little toy truck driver whose eyes are plainly visible. Okay, so there you have it: The Plasticraft U.S. Army Comical Truck WITHOUT Beetle Bailey. Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina

Courtesy Wikipedia



No comments:

Post a Comment