Pages

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Japan - Unk Mfr - Small Tin-litho USAF Rescue Helicopter

We're gonna switch gears for a second here and feature a nifty little helicopter. This diminutive little fella only measures 3 3/8" (8.57cm) fuselage length x 1" (2.54cm) wide at the wheels x 1 5/8" (4.12cm) high. I'm callin' it a UASF copter because it has a bare metal fuselage, a look utilized more by the U.S. Air Force than any of the other services. The Star-&-Bar insignia was used by all four services and the Coast Guard so that's not really indicative of Air Force use. It has a generic look to it so I'm not even goin' to attempt to call this any particular type of helo, so for now let's just call it a toy helicopter :-). Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina


















2 comments:

  1. I had these as a kid, 55+ years ago and I loved them. The friction motors would run the wheels and the blades. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Mike! Most of my tin-litho stuff as a kid were cars and trucks. I do kind of remember a couple of planes but no helicopters that I recall. I'm making up for it now though :-)

      Delete