Pages

Sunday, April 9, 2017

Wow Toyz 1/32 Scale Diecast 1946 Dodge Power Wagon

When trolling through my unposted photo files I came across these shots of a 1/32 scale / 54mm diecast 1946 Dodge Power Wagon from Wow Toyz. Years ago I had bought a three piece set of these without box. There are no markings on the toy to indicate who made it but a quick search on the Web showed that apparently the only company to make these in 1/32nd diecast was Wow Toyz, so Wow Toyz it is! The year '2000' is cast underneath the chassis so I'm gonna make a quick assumption that this was made then. I had it a number of years so that feels about right. This was an excellently rendered vehicle with a great friction motor which turned all four wheels. It's a nice feature but driving all four wheels prevents the motor from building up a lot of speed. This thing was made for power, not speed. The two doors open to reveal the interior but the tailgate is cast in place. Normally I provide measurements for the toys posted here but unfortunately I forgot to measure this one - sorry! 

At one time I had a real big collection of diecast military vehicles from New Ray, 21st Century, Forces of Valor, etc, but over the years I've been divesting myself of the toys and actually gave many away to Christmas toy drives and all three of my Power Wagons were sold earlier this year. A few of my favorite diecast WWII pieces were kept aside to mess with at some future time and those will eventually get blogged but I would kind of like to build some form of terrain or diorama piece on which to display them. Until then - Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina
























No comments:

Post a Comment