Pages

Sunday, April 23, 2017

TRAIN TIME: Marx Budd Rail Diesel Car On The New Layout

Well, looks like we've got a small train runnin' series goin' on here. It's been fun pulling trains out of the boxes that haven't been run in years but I think this particular one takes the cake. Bought sometime in the late '90s and placed in a box, this Budd Rail Diesel Car from Marx was ran for the first time since I bought it! Yup - it's been sittin' there patiently waiting for the old fart (ahem, that would be me LOL) to give it a chance. I pulled it out of the box, cleaned the wheels and it ran just great!! These small motorised units are perfect for small layouts and for those who like passenger trains these fill the role of a much longer consists on the small layout. When Marx went belly-up, K-Line got the molds and produced these in several roadnames. Then Ready Made Trains (RMT) got the molds and did several really nice upgrades to the unit and produced it in yet more roadnames. To confuse matters more a company called AMT produced Budd's with a metal body vs. the plastic of the other companies.  My Budd has one step broken off that I'll need to re-glue one of these days but is otherwise in good shape. When it comes to trains I'm quite okay with 'operator grade' stuff and don't insist on museum quality. Even if they lay in a box waiting to run, ulitimately I buy them to run, not to display. Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina







No comments:

Post a Comment