Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Eastwood Automobilia / Ertl 1/43 Scale Diecast Lionelville Fire Chief Car & Panel Van Set N o. F085 - Pt 1

From the mid-'90s to about 2001-ish I was scarfin' up any car and truck with 'Lionel' on it, even though I was pretty much hooked on Marx by 1996 or so. I still had Lionel trains and there was some pretty cool things coming out back then I just had to have. Just had to have....

...and then they just sat in boxes only now being brought out for photography and eventual selling. That is the collector's dilemna. We see glitzy, shiny little baubels and 'just have to have' them. It's a shame that I didn't take them out and use them on my layouts - at least that way I could have claimed to have some fun with them. Oh well, and life goes on.

Here's a nice twin-pack of vehicles made by Ertle for Eastwood Automobilia, a noted diecast vehicle outlet. Eastwood Automobilia was quite the rage back then however, I couldn't find out any history in searching the Web or whether they're still in existence. This set includes a spiffy 1932 Ford Roadster Lionelville Fire Chief's car with operating 'mother-in-law' seat, and a 1938 Chevy Lionel Plant Maintenance panel van. 

In our first installment we'll take a look at the Fire Chief's car which measures 3 7/8" (9.84cm) L x 1 1/2" (3.81cm) W x 1 5/8" (4.12cm) H  Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina




The cars come wrapped in tissue and placed in a plastic bag, and then in their own individual box, and then in the set box. Takes forever just to get 'em un-boxed


My car had sat around for so long it developed splits in the left rear and spare tires.






















Here we have it posed by a rural fire station







No comments:

Post a Comment