Pages

Friday, November 4, 2016

Keystone No. 823 Shooting Frontier Set - Pt 4 Flashorama

This set just screams "Play with me!" and that I did!

Have you ever heard about 'flash mobs' - the seemingly spontaneous appearance of a troupe of singers/actors/musicians at a mall or plaza that appear out of nowhere and give a performance? I've seen videos of these on Y'allTube and I must say they've been pretty impressive, but in spite of their 'spontaneity' you know pulling off a performance like that is a lot of work. The troupes have to rehearse their numbers and then have to plan the logistics of their visit, get transportation to the proposed site, and then (often times) have multiple photographer's in-place to record everything. It's not as spontaneous as they would like you to think and there's a lot of preparation involved. Without realizing it, that's pretty much the same thing I've been doing for the past several years, especially in regards to my old train layout. I used the Plateau portion of the layout to set up temporary displays, photograph or video them, then post 'em and tear 'em down again - not much different than a flash mob but in this case it's a flash diorama or flashorama! :-)  Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina


























No comments:

Post a Comment