Pages

Monday, October 17, 2016

Kayro-Vue Productions The Munsters - Pt 1 Herman Munster

I don't know who all made Munster figures over the years but I'm glad to have been able to latch on to these from Kayro-vue Productions. The set doesn't include Marilyn - the normal (to us) looking blonde niece - but Herman, Lily, Eddie, and Grampa (or Grandpa) are nicely represented. I just wouldn't have felt that my Haunted Village would be complete without these guys. The show only ran for two seasons but it left an endearing impression on pop culture and who can forget the marvelous Munster Koach and Drag-U-La cars? I'll post one figure a day as time permits starting with Herman (played by Fred Gwynne in the series) who measures 3 5/8" (9.20cm)  H. I'm not sure when these were made but the underside of the base has a copyright of 1964 which was probably the original pre-production copyright date of The Munsters series by Universal. The toys may be '80s or '90s but right now - until I can get a definitive answer - that's just conjecture. Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina

















No comments:

Post a Comment