Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Oscar Mayer Wiener Whistle v.2

Here's the follow-up post to our Oscar Mayer Wienermobile. we did just a couple of days ago. Winie whistles have been around since probably the mid-to-late 1950s although it's hard for me to verify that cuz all my Internet searches only lead me to the Wienermobile history and not the whistle history. Perhaps there's a book out there with more info but I don't have it in my limited library. I'm calling today's whistle "v.2" because the originals were in the shape of a hot dog, while this second version is in the shape of the Wienermobile. I believe these first came out in the '80s but can't verify. If anyone knows for sure let me know please. I do have an original version but haven't yet photographed it. This one measures 2 1/4" (5.71cm) L x 1 1/4" (3.17cm) W and we did not get it as a souvenir of our visit to the Wienermobile back in 2008. Nope, on that day all we got were souvenir stickers. This sample was bought separately for only a dollar or two but is still a nice little reminder of the day. Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina


















No comments:

Post a Comment