Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2016

TRAIN TIME: Resurrecting The 'Jeep Layout' - Pt 4

I haven't done a whole lot of work on the layout itself, but did manage to work on what now passes for my 'train room'. Last year I tore down all the shelves, work benches, and cabinets along two walls of The Cave and re-did the shelving and cabinetry The work left a lot of little holes in the wall were things were attached. I filled most of the holes but there were some strays that needed attending to. So I filled holes, painted over them, hung up a couple of pictures, swept up some and voilà instant 'train room' :-) 

I pulled out a Marx M1000 streamliner from the 1930s to see if it still ran. I haven't run this thing in about 10-12 years and it's still going strong. Yes, it does need lubrication but I didn't run it for long at all. Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina








No comments:

Post a Comment