Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Parkbräu Beer .5l 'Bent P' w-Top hat Keramik Bierkruug (Ceramic Beer Stein)

Have you ever heard the saying, "They were born to sing", or "They were born to play sports" or something to that effect? Well I was born to collect and have been doing it almost as long as I can remember. One of my earlier assemblages had been coffee mugs followed by some beer mugs and steins. Nearly all of those earlier acquisitions are gone now with the exception of several given to me as presents so it was no surprise to me that I latched on to beer paraphernalia while stationed in Germany. Parkbräu was the local brewery and so it was that a bunch of their stuff just sort of gravitated to the Berg household. Here's a nice ceramic stein, or bierkrug in German, with an older style Parkbräu  'P' w/Top hat logo. You'll notice the top serif of the 'P' is bent upwards and holding the mug while the lower serif is bent downwards. Later style logos had a straight serifs. Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina





No comments:

Post a Comment