Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

BJ George - Paper Gas Station

Some years back there was a Yahoo discussion Group called 'Paperville USA' whose purpose was to promote paper/cardboard buildings, although from time-to-time there would some subject drift, but by and large it was about buildings. The owner/moderator's name was B.J. George and he was pretty good at making building templates from photos. Quite a few of the templates he made were actually based on photos appearing here on Toys and Stuff. The group closed down a couple of years ago and I'd lost track of B.J.  B.J., if you're still out there and doin' paper, let me know!

Today's kit was based on one of the Marx paper village buildings that came with their O-gauge train sets. B.J. added some extras to it and overall it made a great build. Thanx B.J.! Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina



It's a straight forward build. Using the tabs on the kit, glue the two walls together...


...bend over and glue the inner flaps. These are part of the roof walls


I didn't a full photo layout - sorry - but here it is on my train layout




4 comments:

  1. Wow, Ed, what nice work! Perfect! The scale is 1/64, right?

    Greetings from Brazil!

    Mauther

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mauthe greetings from Sunny Las Vegas :-) Yes, the scale on this is about 1/64th. The car shown in the photo is 1/43 scale and is rather large sitting next to the building. Glad you liked it!

      Delete
  2. Hi Ed, Nice to see one of my models posted. I'm still creating paper models. Let me know how I can e-mail them to you. B.J.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello B.J.!!! Long time no hear from! Are you on facebook? What happened to the website (they're a pain in the butt to keep updated, that's why I shut mine down years ago and went with the blog format)? Anywho, you can reach me at: ed_ice_berg@yahoo.com

      Delete