Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Northwestern Products Early American Transportation Set No. 618 - Pt 3 Springfield Freighter - Blue Top

This one perplexes me somewhat. After searching the Internet I was able to find wagons with similar profiles but none of them were labeled 'Springfield Freighter and searches for 'Springfield Freighter, or Springfield Horse Drawn Freight Wagon or some other combination came up bupkis! Perhaps the toy designers went to a local museum and saw one of these on display and it was called a Springfield Freighter. I don't know but I don't believe they were just making it up. In any case, I know of two variations of this toy. The one included in my set had a nice blue canopy depicting open sides and held up by a framework which in real life would have allowed the top to fold down - an early style convertible! The wagon measures  10" (25.4cm)  L x 5" (12.7cm) H x 4" (10.2cm) W. Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina 























No comments:

Post a Comment