Pages

Friday, January 23, 2015

Tootsietoy Aerial Ladder Truck

Tootsietoy is a very popular manufacturer of die cast toys which has been around since the 1920's and they've made a ton of cars, trucks, planes and spaceships over the years. As a kid I remember having a few but die cast wasn't really my favorite back then, preferring plastic toys to metal which is probably why I haven't bought many as an adult collector. But one of my collecting passions is Fire & Emergency vehicles and Tootsietoy has so far been an untapped resource to me. Case in point is this terrific aerial ladder truck. Without having any books on Tootsietoy I believe this is a later version of a truck which originally came out as all red with an unpainted metal ladder. I'm guessin' today's toy may be early-to-mid 1960s. It measures  9" (22.9cm) L x 1 7/8" (4.8cm) W x 2 1/8" (5.4cm) H  In any case its a real fine fire truck and a nice addition to the fleet. Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina




















No comments:

Post a Comment