Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Barclay AA Gun Truck - 1930s

Well, here's something new for the blog: a Barclay AA Gun Truck. It's my first Barclay piece and quite frankly I really don't know much about Barclay other than what Wkipedia has said, that it was formed in or about 1922 by Leon Donze and Michael Levy and made diecast and metal toy vehicles and soldiers. Okay, that's a good start but it's going to take a lot more research on my part to sort out the particulars. I've noticed a lot of people listing these early toys as being 'Barclay-Manoil'. In point of fact, Barclay and Manoil were two separate companies and it appears from what I have been able to gather that Manoil didn't make this truck so that leaves Barclay. It's a a terrific little truck - Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina


















No comments:

Post a Comment