Pages

Monday, November 3, 2014

Renwal City Bus Co No.124 Cream HP

I've been feelin' miserable the last few days and decided to take a day off of work. I don't want to lay in bed because that just makes me feel more crappy, sooo a few minutes on the 'puter will help ease the misery a little. 

I always like to see vintage toys, especially ones that remind me of my youth. In this case it's because this bus looks like the kind that ran on the street at the end of my block back in Milwaukee. My earliest memories are of electrified buses on that route, the poles sticking up from the roof of the buses, and the crackling of the electricity as they passed along the wires. I believe it was in the late '50s when the electric buses were replaced by the stinky ol' diesel ones - like the kind being posted today LOL A red HP version was posted earlier this year on May 9th. Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina


















No comments:

Post a Comment