Pages

Monday, June 30, 2014

New American Civil War Diorama / Display Base Pt 12 - Conclusion

I've been working on this display base off-and-on (mostly off) since March 22 and is primarily meant to pose and photograph my Civil War toys but I s'pose can be used for other things as well. I kind of put the push on finishing it so that it can be used for the 151st anniversary of the battle of Gettysburg which is 1-3 July.I use the term 'finished' kind of loosely because there may be some odds-and-ends to do later on. For example, the ground is rather flat and barren, except for 'grass' there's little other vegetation like bushes and trees. This was done on purpose so that there'd be more flat space to place figures on. Also, by not permanently 'planting' trees and bushes it gives me more flexibility in changing the landscaping. Anywho, here's the photos of the final steps: Enjoy! Bettina & Fritz Berg :)

A 2' (61cm) x 4' (121.9cm) piece of hardboard was shortened to fit the rear of the display

 Right now it's simply held on by three screws

 The same light blue paint I used on the backdrop for my train layout was used here. It is a real light blue and maybe one day I'll re-paint it a slightly darker shade to provide more contrast.

I think my inner Rembrandt went AWOL LOL. Oh well, only two shades of green were used here


Some shots of the 'finished' display



No comments:

Post a Comment