Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Cragston (was Unknown Mfr) - 1930s Style Tin-litho Touring Car

****CORRECTION Dec 25, 2012****
I am now certain this car was made by Cragston, probably late '50s to mid '60s. Cragston had a bad habit of not printing their name on these cars but rather had a separate identi-plate on the front resembling a license plate, which often times is missing. Also, the two headlights in the front would have had a bulbous back piece but they are missing from my toy.


Today is Thanksgiving here Stateside and so I have the day off. Normally I prepare posts ahead of time but got lazy this week. I have a lot of toys but nothing that ties in to Thanksgiving  so quite frankly I'm not even goin' to try. But in keeping with the lazy day theme I have a lazy post. Lazy? Yup. Don't know who made this car, don't know when it was made, don't know if it was based on a real car or just generic. So I'm just gonna post a photo dump and be done with it! It measures  7 1/4" (18.4cm) L x 3" (7.6cm) W x 2 7/8" (6.7cm) H with the windshield raised. Although it's missing one headlight it's still quite an attractive piece. I am assuming it's Japanese made but it certainly could be European as well, I simply don't know and none of my books show this car. Anywho, Happy Thanksgiving and, as always - Enjoy!