Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Denny's - 1995 Dino

Well, we're one week into the New Year and the world hasn't ended yet. Yeah! I was thinking the other day about what direction I wanted this blog to go. It's been a creative outlet for me and I sure hope you've enjoyed it as well. At first it was just going to be about vintage toys, and it was always about the photos first. To my knowledge there is no other blog that offers as comprehensive a photo layout for each toy or set that this blog offers and there's a reason for that. Collector books always left me wanting more. Think about it, what do you normally see when opening one of these? Usually you only get one crummy picture per toy, and only sometimes are a couple more views of that toy thrown in just for the heck of it. Now, I understand there's a good reason for that - print costs have always been high, and color print costs extremely so. So, a whole bunch of photos from different angles offers the reader more bang for the buck.

The scope of the blog was extended when I realized there were so many modern era toys in my collection. Heck, might as well feature whatever floats my boat! Then there's the diorama's. Toys are intrinsically neat and they really come to life in diorama's or scenes. I'm not the world's greatest modeler, just a regular schmuck with so-so skills that just wants to see what can be done in as simple a way possible. I certainly hope the diorama's were as enjoyable for you to view as they were for me to build!

GOALS FOR 2012
I really hate to set goals for a blog which is sort of being done on the fly, but there are a couple of things I'd really like to do this year:
    1st -  Start featuring more space related toys - especially those from the 1950s & '60s
    2nd - Featuring space toys in a diorama or two
    3rd - More paper castle projects
    4th - Lord of The Rings diorama's
    5th - Flintstone's and more Flintstones! What can I say - I  like 'em !!!

I'd also like to improve on my photography, but that may end up costing money for equipment and a better 'studio' set-up (such as it is). Oh well, this is after all just a blog, and I'll do what I can.

Thank you all for staying with me this past year or so and hope to see you all comin' back for more. If there's anything you'd like to see covered, or covered in a different way let me know!

Denny's 1995 Dino
Okay, enough pontificatin', on to the blog. The past few week's here at Toys & Stuff we've been featuring Denny's Restaurants line of Flintstone's premiums from 1995. Fred, Wilma, and Pebbles have all been featured. Today its Dino's turn at bat! Enjoy!