Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Attack at Weathertop - Pt 2 Ringwraith

Today on Sci-Fi Saturday we bring you the second figure in the 'Attack at Weathertop' Soldiers and Scenes set from Play Along Toys. Ya know, I think of all the LOTR figures Play Along Toys released during the few years of its run, the Ringwraiths were my favorite. They may only be little plastic toys but OMG they look menacing! I love the sculpting, the action, the implied threat, and of course they remind me of the books. The plastic on the 'Attack at Weathertop' set is shiny which is an indication that this was an earlier release. Later LOTR Play Along Toys offerings were issued in more realistic flat colors. In any case, shiny vs. flat, they are terrific toys and collectibles!  I used to take an annual sojourn to Middle Earth for many years but after about 18 years I started to slow down. Truth be known, I haven't read the Hobbit and the LOTR trilogy since 2000. But that's OK cuz doin' this blog helps remind me of those blissful days lost in the pages of Tolkien. Enjoy!


Attack at Weathertop: Frodo, Sam & Ringwraith
Wave 1
Issued by: Play Along Toys
Assortment: 48100
Item Number: 48101
Issue Date: 25 Jul 2003
Issue Price: $8.99