Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

Renwal #145 Fire Truck

Today's Fire Truck and Emergency Vehicle Friday offering is the Renwal #145 Fire Truck.  At 3 1/4" long it compares in size to the Marx/K-Line, Hasbro, and Ideal Fire Trucks.  I don't know when the toy was made and it is not in the references I have available (guess I'll have to buy more books huh?).  This toy comes with a little gimmick though; there is what appears to be a smokestack sticking up from the rear of the truck bed.  This is apparently made to accept a balloon.  One would somehow have to blow up the balloon, attach it to the stack, place the truck on the table or floor and watch it roll.  Now, I've never tried it but it would seem to me the truck would do more flipping and flopping around than rolling. But what the heck, it's just a toy after all.  Enjoy!